Hazardous Chemical Management
The aim of the site inspection is to create hazardous chemical management documentation that meets the requirements of the relevant state based work health and safety legislation.
Scope of works
This includes a site inspection of base building areas and creation of a hazardous chemical register, which documents the following items for base building areas;
- Hazardous substance or chemical according to all relevant criteria.
- Dangerous Good according to the Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail.
- Collation of available SDS/MSDS documentation from online sources and made available in an online portal.
- Documentation of any identified non- compliance.
- Incompatibility and storage guidance.
The management plan is provided to complement the register and includes processes for hazard identification and control, risk assessment, site safety rules, training, responsibilities and emergency preparedness.